If this post is coming up “first” under either the “rabbits available” or “guinea pigs available” pages, that means that we currently do not have any ready for adoption.  New rabbits and guinea pigs are listed regularly on our Facebook page and website.  Do continue to read below to see the current status of our rehoming service.

CottonTails carries out its rehoming work through the Direct Rehoming Service, which is free and coordinates the steps required to link up owners that need to find new homes for their small pets, with people who would like to adopt.  This requires a lot of time and effort, from the gathering of accurate information, creating listings with photos and animal details for our website and Facebook page, to screening the homes for suitability before putting the two parties in touch with each other.

In addition, CottonTails offers £60 towards the neutering of any rabbit or male guinea pig adopted through this service, payable to the vet that will be carrying out the procedure, as chosen by the new owner.  We also offer £40 towards the vaccination costs for rabbits adopted through the service.

I continue to provide grooming, nail clipping and general advice, either directly to visitors here at the centre or via email, Facebook message, or phone (restricted number, available to on-going cases only).

The animals here under our care have continued to thrive, including Bambi our hare, who is now almost 11!  His story is on the website if you would like to take a peek.  The group of rescued pigeons are also now elderly, but still enjoy life to the full.

One last update to leave you with – a hedgehog that came in to us at the start of March has made a huge recovery and has been successfully released!  My thanks to Hannah and David for spotting him wandering helplessly next to a road, where he would have met his end within minutes.  He was under 350 grams so clearly was a “late hog” last year so must have only just made it through hibernation.  He was in the last stages of dehydration and could hardly stand, and it took days of intensive fluid and antibiotic therapy to turn him around.  We all got very fond of him here and we were delighted that he hung around for a few days once he was allowed his freedom – from the droppings I am finding I suspect he is still lurking in and around the garden even now, which is nice.  Here is a film of him when he was starting to recover, still a bit wobbly but definitely on the mend.


Find us on: